My Prague Marathon Diary
The Pros & Cons of the Volkswagen Prague Marathon 2016
- The marathon expo was really good.
- Good sponsorship – VW & Adidas meant they had good support.
- It was pretty well organised and had good social updates.
- Live music around the course – it varied but it was good to have.
- The route was very pretty for most of the race. I didn’t enjoy some of the more industrial/factory areas, but I was looking at the floor at that point anyway.
- It was easy to get in and out of start/finish area – it was well mapped out in that sense.
- Good, strong medal & t-shirt and bag for runners (although there were only leaflets in the bag!)
- The crowds died off towards the end. The was no buzz to get you to the finish. You had to find that in yourself.
- The technical area location was far away from the start. This was well-planned for tube stops but not for us who were staying at the opposite end of town.
- The water stations along the route had sparkling water in paper cups. I mean, what?!
- The cobbles. They were somewhat slippy & pretty painful towards the end.
- The goody bag at the end had two bottles of water in it. That was it. And one was more sparkling. NO THANKS.
- At times, the sign posting was a bit unclear. I wasn’t sure where I was – 32km or 36km? That’s a big difference at that point.