Today would have been my Grandma’s birthday. I don’t have any ‘digital’ photos of her on my laptop, but I do have this picture of her three daughters. That’s my mum in the middle. I didn’t know her very well, but I do have some lovely memories of her from when I was younger. I thought I’d share them with you today.
- She would only drink tea out of a china cup – she was not interested in mugs at all.
- Her name was Ivy and I used to find it very weird because to me
- She drank that tea black. In fact, she hated milk (just like my mum!)
- She wore lots of tweed and knitwear.
- She used to play Scrabble with me for hours. I don’t remember if she let me win or not. But I was about 8, so probably.
- She used to have a kettle on a stove that whistled and not an electric one.
- She enjoyed a biscuit. (that’s a cookie for American readers!)
- She called me Vicky a lot (That’s my Mum’s name!).
- She used to hum all the time, a habit picked up by all three daughters and they do it at the same time (with the same unidentifiable tune and it’s really weird!)
Do you have nice memories of your grandparents?